The COVID-19 pandemic is straining the nation’s health care systems including those here in our own region. At Wake Forest Baptist Health, the COVID-19 Response Fund is crucial to providing support for patients and health care workers alike.
“We’ve heard from many people wanting to know how they can help support our health system,” said Lisa M. Marshall, vice president and chief philanthropy officer for Wake Forest Baptist Health. “We are incredibly grateful for the support during this unusual and rapidly evolving time.”
Wake Forest Baptist’s COVID-19 Response Fund is supporting areas of greatest need such as:
- Support for diagnostic and testing services
- Resources to support expanded staff time and benefits for health care providers on the front line of patient care
- Support for patients who may not have insurance coverage or resources to address care-related expenses
- Equipment and supplies to protect both patients and health care employees
- Educational and training expenses associated with redeploying health care workers to the areas of greatest need
- Research to combat the impact of COVID-19.
People who may be considering a gift to support Wake Forest Baptist’s COVID-19 Response Fund can visit www.WakeHealth.edu/COVID19Support for more information. Donors can direct their gifts to a specific hospital within the Wake Forest Baptist system.
This page also includes a list of supplies such as personal protective equipment that will be accepted for donation. Supply donations can be dropped off at one of several listed donation sites.