Updated: July 2, 2020
To continue to serve people who may be experiencing symptoms of respiratory illness, Wake Forest Baptist Health has opened several respiratory symptom clinics across the region.
These locations are:
- Family Medicine – Piedmont Plaza (1920 West First Street, Third Floor, Winston-Salem)
- Pulmonology – Westchester (1814 Westchester Dr., Suite 202, High Point)
- Family Medicine - Sunset Avenue (375 Sunset Avenue, Asheboro)
- Family Medicine - Springs Road (2359 Springs Road NE, Hickory)
- Family Medicine - Summerfield (4431 US Hwy 220 North, Summerfield)
- Family Medicine - Lexington (101 West Medical Park Drive, Lexington)
- Urgent Care - Mocksville (1188 Yadkinville Rd., Mocksville)
- Urgent Care - Wilkes (1900 West Park Dr., North Wilkesboro)
- Highland Avenue Primary Care, located at 650 N. Highland Ave., Suite 120 in Winston-Salem. Learn more.
People with symptoms of respiratory illness should first call their primary care provider for telephone screening to determine whether they need to be seen in person at one of the respiratory symptom clinics.
Those without a primary care provider can call Wake Forest Baptist’s hotline at 336-70-COVID for telephone screening to determine if the symptoms can safely be managed at home or if the patient needs to be seen in person.
If the patient needs to be seen in person, the patient will be asked to come to one of the respiratory symptom clinics and will be given a phone number to call when they arrive. They will remain in their vehicle until they are ready to be seen; clinic staff will then escort them directly to an exam room.
While patients can be assessed at these locations, they are not COVID-19 testing sites. At this time, Wake Forest Baptist Health is following state and national guidelines and only testing patients ill enough to require admission to the hospital.