The Downtown Health Plaza of Baptist Hospital will hold a community open house Saturday, Nov. 18 from 11 a.m. until 3 p.m.
The newly constructed 47,600-square-foot facility is located at 1200 Martin Luther King Jr. Drive in the historic Depot Street area. A key component in the revitalization of Winston-Salem''s central business and residential district, the Downtown Health Plaza was designed to provide comprehensive primary and preventative health care services that are affordable and accessible to all citizens of Forsyth County.
General health services provided at the Downtown Health Plaza include:
- Obstetrics/gynecology - perinatal and women's health
- Pediatrics and adolescents - for children and adolescents up to 18 years old
- Adult medicine
- Pharmacy - for Downtown Health Plaza patients
- Clinical laboratory - wide range of screening and diagnostic testing
- Radiology - X-rays and mammography
In addition to guided tours, refreshments and giveaways, scheduled open house activities include musical performances by the Goler Memorial A.M.E. Zion Church choir; jazz from In The Black; and rhythm, blues and jazz from the Joe Robinson Quartet. Other entertainment includes face painting for children, a magician and a caricature artist.
For information about the open house, call 716-4587.
Contact: Jim Steele or Mark Wright, (336) 716-4587